Thursday, April 28, 2005

Rafsanjani expresses unwillingness to enter election - Irna

Rafsanjani expresses unwillingness to enter election - Irna: "Today: Thursday April 28, 2005 Rafsanjani expresses unwillingness to enter election Tehran, April 28, IRNA
9th Presidential-Election
State Expediency Council chairman, Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani on Thursday expressed his unwillingness to enter the presidential election.

Speaking to reporters in the inaugural ceremony of new trains for Tehran metro line, the potential candidate said, "Personally I am not willing to announce my candidacy," adding he wants another person to shoulder the top executive position of the Islamic Republic.

However he added, "If I see the thing I had expected is not going to happen, I will put myself forward as a candidate for the presidential election."
Asked about the timing of his presence in the elections, the clergyman said he had until the final day of registration to announce his candidacy.

2328/2322/1432"